Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Set Course, Smug Factor Five

I don't get to gloat with this blog very often, so I'm not going to pass up the opportunity when it's handed to me on a plate. Regular readers (by which I mean Sid and Doris) may remember this piece from September, highlighting a study that assessed the performance of a future large-scale wind farm programme using Met Office wind speed data.

The primary finding of said study was that the peak winter electricity demand normally coincides with a cold snap caused by a stalled high-pressure system which, being a high-pressure system, produces very little wind.

A bit like the one we're having now, in fact.

I believe that great philosopher of our times, Ace Ventura, put it best when he said, "Can you feel that buddy, huh? Huh? Huh?"

No comments: